Wednesday, January 1, 2014

3 Ideas

Happy New Year!!!  While my holiday break wasn't all that long in the big scheme of things, it was exceptionally eventful…in fact, I'm not even sure where to begin in catching you up.  I've been sitting on what I thought was my big news because I wanted to make a fun announcement at the start of the new year.  So announcement 1: (drumroll please)...after over 10 years of living a thousand miles away from each other my parents, brother and I are finally going to live in the same city!  As with any move there's a bit of chaos involved, but I'm so over the moon thrilled they'll be living in Nashville in just a few short weeks.  We've got some lovely things planned for their beautiful new house and (announcement 2) my beautiful new house next door…can't wait to show you the transformation!  Big news all around, right?  But wait, it gets better…the day before Christmas eve…

I got engaged!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, crazy right?

So, to recap: My parents are moving, I'm moving, and I'm getting married.  To a wonderful, wonderful man that I'm thrilled to call my fiancé.  And it's all happening in the next 6 months.  Needless to say, I'm starting 2014 with a few extra things on my plate…it's overwhelming in the best possible way.  I'm reveling in the fresh start the new year brings even more than usual as my normal resolutions (healthier habits, better organizational skills, etc) all of a sudden seem more necessary than ever.  That being said, this week's 3 Ideas basically writes itself...  


1. Set measurable goals.  For example: "I want to loose 5 pounds by May" is better than"I want to loose weight", "I want to eat more vegetables and limit myself to one fast food meal a week" is better than "I'd like to eat healthier", "I want to read one chapter a day" is better than "I've gotta start reading more", "I want to clean out and maintain an orderly closet" is better than "I want to get organized", and so on and so forth.  

2.  Focus on one thing at a time.  Your resolve is admirable, it really is, but you didn't wake up a new human being this morning so you can't expect to change everything about yourself at once.  Think about this new year as just that- a year…once you've successfully incorporated your first resolution, move on to the next.  

3.  Don't quit when you mess up…brush it off and jump right back in.  So what if you get to February and haven't been to the gym once?  Every day is a fresh start!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment