Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Snack Attack

I'm very good at snacking.  And by that I mean if I don't have a snack every few hours I feel ill...so perhaps I should re-phrase.  I'm very good at being hypoglycemic (or, at the very least, a hypochondriac hypocglycemic...try saying that 5x fast).  I was musing on some of my most recent snacking obsessions earlier this afternoon (code for: I was hungry) and decided to share a few of my faves.  When you snack as much as I do you've gotta snack smart so I try to keep my go-to's at least marginally healthy.  That being said, I have no interest in beating my sweet tooth into submission, so when things go south, they go very south.  I've made peace with it, though...a girl's gotta eat!


1. Salted Dark Chocolate Caramels: Salty, sweet and rich all in one.  Basically perfect.

2. Blueberry Greek Yogurt: Smooth and tasty with lots of protein...not overly sweet but I'm into it.

3. Pomegranate Seeds: Delicious and tart...not to mention an antioxidant rich super-food.

4. Tonic with Angostura Bitters and Lime: Maybe it's in my head- I don't know- but if ever my stomach feels sour, this helps 10 out of 10 times.  Tastes like ginger ale but better.  Also, I think I'm mildly addicted to it.

5. Asian Pear: The crispest fruit I've ever had.  I like slicing it up and eating it with aged white cheddar cheese but it's great on it's own, too.

6. Nutella: Spread it on bread, dip fruit in it, or just eat it with a spoon.  There's no judgement here.

7. Roasted Chickpeas: Drain one can of chickpeas, mix with 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook on a baking sheet at 425 for 20 minutes.  Flip chickpeas and cook for an additional 20 minutes.  I kid you not, I would eat this every day.

8. Cucumber, Feta and Tomato Salad: Chop up a few cucumbers, slice up a couple tomatoes (my favorites are the golden cherry ones), toss in some feta and dress with a touch of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  So, so good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment