Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Foodie Files

Since life has been so crazy busy lately for a million wonderful reasons, my Mom went ahead and took charge of this week's Foodie Files.  I've said it before and I'll say it again; her cooking is pretty much my favorite in the world...sharing her recipes is always a treat for me.  This particular creation of hers is quite out of the box with wonderfully fall appropriate ingredients.  She's got a real gift for flavor combinations...in fact, try this recipe and see for yourself!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 TBS of butter
2-3 cloves of garlic, diced
1 small onion, diced
3-4 figs, halved
1/4 cup of crushed almonds (I put mine in a sandwich bag and smacked them with a big spoon)
2 overflowing cups of shredded brussel sprouts

Heat olive oil and add butter.  When butter is done foaming, add garlic, onion and figs. Sauté on medium for about 4 minutes.  Add almonds and sauté for about 3 minutes.  Add brussle sprouts and sauté for an additional 5-6 minutes.  Don't over cook, it tastes great with a little crunch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment