Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Foodie Files

Raise your hand if you're thankful for Pinterest!  Oh me oh my, just look at all those hands.  Mine's raised too, in case you didn't see it.  I can't quite remember what life was like in the P.P.E. (Pre-Pinterest Era) but I hope we don't ever have to go back to it.  I saw something similar to this recipe in passing (on Pinterest, obviously) and couldn't get it out of my head until I got a chance to make it.  I served it as a small bite during our Easter brunch and it proved to be a flavorful, tasty treat.  I'll definitely be making it again, but probably not until the weather warms up a bit more.  It almost seems too refreshing to waste on the chill.  Hope you enjoy it!

Ingredients:

1 watermelon
1 shallot, diced
4 TBS feta cheese
2 TBS chopped mint
Extra virgin olive oil

Brown shallots in oil until crispy, then set aside.  Cut watermelon into 1" cubes and scoop out the center with a small melon baller.


Combine feta, shallots and mint and mix thoroughly.  Fill watermelon pieces and garnish as desired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment