Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mirror, Mirror

I came across this gem of a picture awhile back and I think it illustrates the point I'm about to make preeeetty clearly.  I enjoy dressing up.  If you know me in any capacity and/or frequently keep up with this blog, you know this to be true.  I also revel in special occasions and celebrations (again, indisputable truth).  Which made Christmas morning kind of a conundrum to me growing up.  It's pretty much one of the most special moments of the year, we take all sorts of pictures, and I'm supposed to wear...pajamas?  It just didn't add up (I know, I was a goofy kid).  So, I took matters into my own hands, as you can very well see.  Yes, that would be eight year old me in a velvet gown, white stockings and an up-do, next to my five year old brother, Joey, in Ninja Turtle footie pajamas (with a Stretch Armstrong doll, no less).  You can't make this stuff up, folks.


Thankfully, I've mellowed out a little bit, but I still think it's fun to look a little spiffy and festive for the occasion.  Just for kicks, I put together a little holly, jolly Christmas morning ensemble.  Admit it, this is fun people.


1. Hadley PJs, Anthropologie $79.95  2. Plain Fluffy Robe, TopShop £25  3. Sweater Slippers, Old Navy $9  4. Plush Santa Hat, HalloweenCostumes.com $5.99  5. Sik Satin Sleep Mask, Mary Green $26.50

0 comments:

Post a Comment