Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Foodie Files

I took this snowball cookie recipe straight from my grandmother's collection and if there's one thing I can promise you it's that no one (and by that I mean no human anywhere, in all the world) makes cookies like my grandmother.  Don't try and challenge me on this cause you will not win.  This particular recipe is one of my favorite Christmas cookies, plus it's pretty simple to make which is always a plus.  My advice?  Make a bunch and enjoy them all throughout this weekend- I'm pretty sure it's as close to a white Christmas as the majority of us are gonna get.

Ingredients: 
2 sticks of butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1 cup confectioners sugar, sifted

Beat butter and confectioners sugar in mixing bowl until creamy.


Add salt, vanilla, flour and nuts then mix again.  Shape into one inch balls in the palms of your hands and place on an ungreased baking sheet.


Bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes.  Roll cookies in confectioners sugar while still warm, then coat them a second time just before you serve your guests (or yourself...careful, though.  They're addictive).

0 comments:

Post a Comment