Monday, August 8, 2011

Birthday Week: Sparkle & Shine

When I moved from Miami to Nashville almost two years ago (yikes! time sure does fly) I had to adapt to a few major changes.  I traded hurricane alerts for tornado warnings, salsa and merengue for country line dancing and year round summer for a full subscription to all four seasons.  Some changes required a bit of a sacrifice (the Atlantic Ocean and Percy Priest Lake are not a fair trade) but others carried all kinds of bonuses.  Perfect example: this week is my birthday week.  I'd never experienced a birthday week before moving here, but I'll tell you what...it's not too shabby.  I mean, I'm pretty sure it's irreversibly spoiling me but you won't hear me complaining.  In the spirit of the occasion, I'm taking the next couple of days to do a mini series on birthdays.  Sure they're slightly scary (I'm closer to 30 than I am to 20 these days.  So...that's nauseating.) but they're also a time to reflect, regroup and celebrate.  And that's what this week is all about!  I tend to shy away from drawing too much attention to myself, but birthdays are about standing out so the word for day 1 is sparkle (and sparkle I will). :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment