Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Foodie Files

Since I'm still down in Miami on vaca (can't wait to tell you all about it tomorrow, by the way), I asked my perfect Mom to help me out with today's Foodie Files.  She taught me everything I know and is an exceptional chef, so it seemed like the right call (okay, Papa- you're right...you taught me a bunch too). :)  The good news is she sent me a killer recipe.  The bad news is, after looking at the pictures, I'm craving it in the worst way.  If there are leftovers, I don't even want to know about them.  I can't wait to make it when I get home!

Stuffed Zucchini

1 Zucchini (good size) 
1lb of Ground Turkey
1 can diced tomatoes
Shallots
Garlic
Butter
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cups Rice (I used long grain Indian matta rice)
Basil, parsley & thyme from the garden
Capers
Shredded Regiano Parmesan Cheese
salt & pepper

To cook rice, add to pot with enough water to cover about 1 inch above rice.  Add 2 tbs. of  Olive Oil and 1 tsp of salt.  Cook for about 20 minutes.  While rice is cooking, wash Zucchini and remove and discard the seeds.  Hollow out zucchini removing inside flesh (I used a cantaloupe baller) and set aside.


Sauté shallots, Garlic, Butter, Olive Oil, until shallots are soft and yellow, about 3 minutes.  Add ground turkey and cook 'till just about done, about 5 minutes, stirring often.  Add cooked rice, zucchini, tomatoes, basil, parsley, thyme, capers and salt and pepper.  Stir and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.


While ingredients are cooking add about 1 inch of water to a roasting pan place hollowed out zucchini inside.  Fill Zucchini with cooked ingredients Sprinkle with Cheese.


Cover and Cook 30 minutes.  Serve immediately.  Serves 4.

0 comments:

Post a Comment