Friday, May 7, 2010

7 Things I Love About Jonathan Adler


I’ve always loved Jonathan Adler’s design aesthetic- his modern meets mod 60’s style is effortlessly cool.  If you’re looking for clean, fresh and fun no one does it better!  Adler cites muses like Andy Warhol and Madonna, so it’s no surprise some of his designs border on being downright mischievous (or ‘irreverently luxurious’ in his own words).  But when you’ve got it, you’ve got it and Jonathan Adler sure does.  The cornerstone of Adler’s methodology is this- your home should make you happy.  We agree.  Here are seven pieces I’d welcome into my happy home any day.  



Simple, cool and classic- this handmade white linen pillow is perfect for summer.  Adler calls it “a tall glass of lemonade for your sofa”.




My favorite thing about this little guy is just that, it’s little (as in for kids)!  Seeing this chair reminds me of the feeling I get when I find a dress I’d absolutely wear in a size 0-3 months...I’m not sure there’s an existing term to describe it but I can tell you there are big dumb smiles involved.



Jonathan Adler entered the design scene as a potter, so you can be sure he puts extra-special care into each piece of pottery in his extensive home collection.  Adler created the original prototype of this piece then sent a mold to a team of artists in Peru to produce it as part of a program called Aid to Artisans.  This non-profit organization promotes fair trade by connecting designers in America with artisans in developing countries.


                   \
Fascinating high gloss lacquer base + handmade simple paper shade + the advertisement ‘we believe our lamps will make you look thinner and younger’ = classic Jonathan Adler.  Love it.



I’d snatch up this bed in a heartbeat- perfect texture, perfect color and oh so pretty.



Adler’s Bond Collection is made of pieced burled wood, Lucite and Stainless Steel accents.  He calls it minimal, glamorous and twinkly.  We say yes, yes and yes.  


             
This Queen Anne Mirror is 17th Century opulence simplified.  I can’t think of a room in the house this wouldn’t work in, in fact I’d buy stock in it if I could.  It’s simple, beautiful, versatile, and the list goes on and on...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog! Thanks for sharing this content with us..
Wood Flooring in Dubai

Post a Comment