Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Feeding My Pillow Addiction

I have a thing for decorative pillows.  You might call it a serious thing, in fact, cause I just can't seem to get enough!  It just amazes me that something so small (and for the most part, so inexpensive) can pull together a space so beautifully.  A well designed decorative pillow is a little piece of functional art, and Thomas Paul is one of my favorite artisans in the field.  With an extensive history in textile design that includes graduating from New York's Fashion Institute of Technology as well as working for designers like Bill Blass, Calvin Klein and DKNY, Thomas Paul decided to take a stab at the world of interior design in 2001.  His first design venture was a line of pillows, which to me remain one of the best ways to really show off his awesome fabrics.  His line has since steadily expanded to include lighting, stationary, tabletops, rugs, and more.  His designs are all pretty different from each other, which leads me to believe he's either really creative, or he has a serious multiple personality disorder.  Either way, the results are fantastic.  Here are a few pillows that jumped out at me from his most recent collections...are they not gorgeous?



















0 comments:

Post a Comment